Best Oxygen Concentrator in India
In the present situation, the demand for oxygen concentrators is increasing rapidly. So, it becomes very important to do your research before buying one.
However, to make your work easy we have done comprehensive research on which are the best oxygen concentrators available in India.
Given the situation of covid-19, a lot of people require oxygen concentrators because of the symptoms. If you are looking to buy a cheap and handy oxygen concentrator, you are in the right place.
We have made a list of the 9 best oxygen concentrators in India with their pros and cons. We have also attached a BUYING GUIDE at the end of this article to help you choose the best oxygen concentrator.
9 Best Oxygen Concentrator in India 2022
1. Healthgenie Oxygen Concentrator 5 Litre
|Price Range||70000 - 80000|
This oxygen concentrator is one of the best selling oxygen concentrators in India. It provides a flow range of 1-5L per minute, you can adjust the flow rate according to your needs.
It is recommended for people having chronic lung disease. However, it can be used in emergency situations to increase the oxygen supply. If the patient is critically ill, you should always keep an additional oxygen cylinder as a backup
In the present situation, this oxygen concentrator has saved many lives all over India. It can be typically used for 10 hours continuously.
This is the best oxygen concentrator to buy in India at an affordable price range. Many claimed it to be a lifesaver for them. One of its advantages is that it comes along with a user manual that makes its functioning and usage easy to comprehend for the user.
- This oxygen concentrator HG-503 can provide continuous physical enriched oxygen supply up to 93±3% between 1-5 LPM.
- It comes with a low noise motor which helps to reduce the noise to an extent so that the user feels extra comfort while using it for a long time.
- When the filtered air passes through one of the Molecular Sieves, the Molecular Sieves produces pure oxygen through the Pressure Swing Adsorption Technique which is generally called PSA.
- The Sieve Bed Life is approx. 10000 working hours under normal environmental conditions.
- It comes with wheels for transportation so that the aged person can easily move the machine from one place to another without facing any trouble.
- Healthgenie Oxygen Concentrator HG-503 is also certified with CE and ISO certifications.
- It has a 2-year off-site warranty for any faults. You have to register for a warranty within 15 days of the purchase.
- Value for money
- Good support service by the company
- Easy to use
- Free virtual installation assistance
- Good build quality
- No cons
2. GVS Oxygen 5L Oxy-Pure Ultra Silence Oxygen Concentrator
|Warranty||2 Years or 5000 hours|
GVS is one of the best oxygen concentrator brands in India. It has an electrically powered molecular sieve (artificial zeolite) used to separate nitrogen from ambient air.
It could be applied widely in the hospitals at all different levels, clinics, health centres and family nursing, health care for the old person, mental workers and students etc.
This oxygen concentrator can supply 1 patient, with steady oxygen flowing out, safe and reliable, low cost, adjustable flow.
It comes with a simple and easy to understand user manual so that you can operate it without facing any problems.
- It has a flow rate of 0 to 5L per minute.
- It provides an oxygen concentration of 93% (±3%).
- It has an outlet pressure of 0.04 - 0.07 Mpa.
- It consumes a power of 300 W.
- It shows the number of hours the machine was operated.
- It consists of 1.Oxygen Concentrator Machine, 2. Humidifier Bottle 3. Oxygen Cannula 2 number 4. External filters (One with machine & one extra) 5. Internal Filter (One inside the machine and one extra) 6. Power cord 7. General Machine Manual
- It has a warranty period of 24 Months or 5000 Hrs (whichever is earlier).
- Easy to operate
- Amazing performance
- Affordable price
- Faster delivery
- Easy to clean
- No cons
3. Philips Respironics Oxygen Concentrator
Over the years the only con of an oxygen concentrator is its weight. They are so bulky that a normal human being may not be able to move them.
However, this oxygen concentrator from Philips is extremely lightweight which is easy to store and transport.
This is one of the best lightweight oxygen concentrators in India. It becomes easier for patients to maintain this oxygen concentrator as well as it does a decent job of supplying oxygen at 5L per minute.
- This Respironics oxygen concentrator provides up to 5L per minute oxygen.
- It only weighs 14Kg, extremely lightweight.
- It has a small, sleek and ergonomic design.
- It is easier and cheaper to maintain.
- It does not produce any noise or heat.
- It has a 3-year warranty for manufacturing defects.
- Less maintaining cost
- Easy to handle
- Excellent build quality
- Value for money
- Needs a high voltage to operate normally
4. Yuwell 8F-5A Portable Oxygen Concentrator Machine
This is one of the cheapest oxygen concentrators available in India. It has a compact and lightweight design supplying oxygen at a flow rate of 5L per minute.
It features multiple safety alarms such as oxygen failure alarm, power failure alarm, high and low-pressure alarm. It also has an automatic power cut off in case of overheating.
You should take some precautions before using this concentrator. First of all, make sure to leave at least 1 foot or 30cms on all sides. Second of all, you should always place the unit on the floor and avoid carpets or chairs. Finally, you should keep it away from dusty environments.
- The purity of oxygen is above 90% even at a 5L per minute flow rate.
- It has a built-in LCD with a timer function. This model features a self-diagnosis system and comes with multiple safety alarms.
- It has an easy to clean air inlet filter.
- The precision compressor is made with German technology and has a service life of over 30,000 hours.
- Power Supply 220V/50Hz | Input Power 400VA Noise level is less than 52dB | Output Pressure 40-70Kpa | Oxygen Output 0-5L/min
- It has a 2-year warranty for the machine. However, the warranty does not include consumables like Sieve Beds and Air Filters.
- Simple design
- Easy to operate
- Compact & Lightweight
- Value for money
- No indicator for oxygen purity
5. Bpl Homecare Oxygen Concentrators Oxy 5 Neo
BPL is one of the best brands manufacturing oxygen concentrators in India. The best thing about the BPL oxygen concentrator is its quality and affordability.
This is a user-friendly oxygen concentrator with pressure swing adsorption technology and definitely, this is one of the best oxygen concentrators in India.
- It has a flow rate of 5L per minute.
- It displays the operation time on the LCD.
- It features a built-in nebulizer.
- It has a fault self-detection system to diagnose any fault.
- It is user friendly and has pressure swing adsorption technology.
- It has a warranty of 1 Year.
- Simple to use
- Ergonomic design
- Easy to maintain
- No cons
6. Oxymed Mini Oxygen Concentrator (5L)
This is one of the best portable oxygen concentrators in India. It comes in handy in emergencies and can make a difference.
This concentrator should be turned on at least 15-20 minutes before using it. This is because it takes time to cycle the correct concentration of air.
After turning on the oxygen machine you will hear a loud sound of air being processed and always check the light indicator if the machine is working properly or not.
- It has a capacity of 5 LPM.
- It is a high performing and reliable oxygen concentrator.
- The machine contains one humidifier bottle, one connector tube, extra HEPA and HEMA filters, a dust filter and an extra fuse.
- It has an inbuilt nebulizer and screen to show real-time oxygen purity.
- It is lightweight and has wheels to move around easily.
- It features pressure swing adsorption technology (PSA).
- It has an alarm for power outage or oxygen flow irregularities.
- It has a 3-year offsite warranty.
- Low maintenance
- Longer oxygen supply
- Excellent service
- 3 years warranty
- German technology
- The sound is a bit loud
7. Healthgenie Oxygen Concentrator HG-301
This is one of the top-rated oxygen concentrators in India. It has a flow range of 0.5 - 3LPM and above all, it is available at an affordable and cheap price range.
It has a safe plastic shell with a timing power-off function and a power loss function, which boosts its functionality.
This is also one of the best selling oxygen concentrators in India and it comes from a trusted brand.
- It has a capacity of 3LPM.
- It is not a life-saving device but only an assisting device.
- It has a compressor with a thermal protector which ensures better security.
- It also comprises a nebulizer function.
- Accessories list: Nasal oxygen cannula [1 set], User’s manual [1 piece], Filter core [1 set] and Nebulizer(7f-3w) [1 set].
- It has a 2-year offsite warranty.
- Smooth working
- Low Noise
- Nice and compact
- Very good service
- Value for money
- Not available everywhere
8. Nareena Life Sciences Oxygen Concentrator with Nebulizer
|Brand||Nareena Life Sciences|
This is the highest-rated oxygen concentrator on Amazon. It is a portable oxygen concentrator with wheels to move around easily.
It features different types of alarms such as Low purity alarm i.e when the oxygen concentration is below 82% it will flash red light, High-temperature alarm i.e it will warn you when the temperature rises above 55℃.
It is definitely one of the best oxygen concentrators in India. It comes with a 3-year warranty which is amazing.
- It has a flow range of 0-5 LPM.
- It features an inbuilt nebulizer.
- It has an LCD display showing the purity and alarms.
- It delivers a higher rate of pure oxygen around 95%.
- It produces negligible noise while working.
- It has a 3-year warranty.
- Higher oxygen concentration
- Easy to operate
- 3 Years warranty
- Price is a bit high
9. Healthgenie Oxygen Concentrator HG 502
This oxygen concentrator is the bigger version of the HG 301 model. It has an oxygen outflow capacity of 5 LPM.
Though this is the last one mentioned, it is as good as the above-mentioned ones. You can definitely go for it.
It offers a high accumulation of oxygen via the nasal cannula. It is the best affordable oxygen concentrator which is available to buy in India.
- It has a flow rate of 5 LPM.
- It has adopted a wrap-around air inlet design for multilevel noise reduction.
- The filtered air goes into the molecular sieves, one of the molecular sieves produces oxygen with Pressure Swing Adsorption(PSA) and another starts low-pressure desorption.
- The prepositive air inlet brings cleaner oxygen.
- It can work for 24hrs continuously.
- It has a warranty of 2 Years.
- Affordable price range
- Great customer service
- User-friendly design
- Superb Performance
- Value for money
- A bit noisy
Buying Guide for Oxygen Concentrator in India
There are a few things which you should keep in your mind while buying an oxygen concentrator.
First of all, you should know what an oxygen concentrator is. An oxygen concentrator is a device that intakes the air from the surrounding and then it eliminates the unwanted gases thereby accumulating oxygen for the patient which can be taken through a pipe.
Below are the points which you should consider before buying an oxygen concentrator for yourself.
It is the maximum amount of oxygen that can be produced by the concentrator per minute. They generally come in 2 different capacities i.e 5 Litres and 10 Litres.
10 Litres oxygen concentrators are costly but they are better in the long run. If a person suffers from a long term illness then you should use a 10L oxygen concentrator.
However, 5L oxygen concentrators are cheap and are easily available. So, in case of emergency, you should go with a 5L concentrator as it is enough and can make the difference between the life or death of a person.
It is the percentage of pure oxygen that the concentrator can supply. Most concentrators provide you with air having oxygen greater than 90%.
You should go with a concentrator that supplies more than 93% oxygen as it is the ideal concentration level.
According to the type of flow, there are 2 types of oxygen concentrators.
Continuous oxygen flow concentrator
A continuous flow concentrator maintains a constant flow of oxygen irrespective of whether the patient is breathing or not.
It is needed for maintaining long term saturation for a week or a month. So, if it is a long-term illness like covid-19, you should go with a continuous flow concentrator.
Pulse dose oxygen flow concentrator
A pulse dose concentrator detects the change in air pressure and accordingly supplies oxygen to the patient.
It can help if the patient suffers from a short term illness. However, it is better to go with a continuous flow concentrator.
Home oxygen concentrators are heavy and cannot be moved frequently. They are suitable for patients at home who do not need to travel frequently.
On the other hand, portable oxygen concentrators are small in size and weigh much less. They can be moved easily, so it is suitable for patients who need to travel from one place to another.
It is always wise to go with a product with a warranty rather than going with a product with no warranty at all.
We generally have no idea when the machine will stop working or will have some other issues. So, go with a concentrator that has a decent and longer warranty period as it is always better to be safe than sorry.
You should follow these precautions before using an oxygen concentrator. Make sure you place the oxygen concentrator away from windows as it can suck dust particles from outside.
Also, you should place the concentrator machine 1-2 feet away from the wall so that it can suck in the optimum amount of air required.
You should not place the concentrator close to the flame as oxygen boosts fire. Only a cannula should be used to deliver oxygen.
Advantages of Having an Oxygen Concentrator
- It can increase the survival rate in case of emergencies.
- It saves money and time.
- It is easy to operate and it makes life easier.
- It can come in handy in case of respiratory illness.
- It is a life-saving device and can make a difference.
- It is portable and lightweight, to be moved around easily.
- It is easier to contact the companies selling concentrators in case you have any doubts.
This brings us to the end of this article on the best oxygen concentrators in India. We have done thorough research and presented you with this list.
If you are still confused about which one to buy then we suggest that you go with a Healthgenie Oxygen Concentrator. It is one of the best brands for oxygen concentrators in India.
However, if you found this article helpful then do share it with your friends and family and we wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery.
Thank you for reading this article till the end.